Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Yachats! Part Three - Some Other Stuff

 Just a few more snippets from Yachats...

We did a little bike ride up Yachats River Road to the succulent nursery there.  I was really surprised with how large it was (for a small business scale).  Apparently they sell at Portland flower markets.  They had recently changed ownership and the young man that we spoke with seemed genuine and kind.




I got to try out dad's electric bike.  It is very nice, especially for uphill, you hardly have to pedal at all if you are so inclined.

 On our way back down the road I was at the back of our group and I noticed Gail and Dad had stopped up ahead and I wasn't sure why... then I saw the bear up ahead crossing the road!  It was immersed in the bushes again a moment after I saw it, but then, one after another, two cubs followed after it.  Wow!  We were only a few hundred yards from the house.  We half expected to see them again as we had happy hour on the deck.


That evening we went into town for dinner at the Drift Inn.
(Pizzaaa yummm)

Centranthus in bloom.

Angry!                         /                                 Happy!
 

...amazing what that first sip of beer can do!  😄

Park restroom at sunset...

...Everything is beautiful when you're on vacation.

~~~~~

No photographic evidence exists of our burrito bar dinner with Lori, Bryan, and of course Daisy's best friend Juno!  It was a wonderful evening and great to catch up with them.  They just embarked on a long road trip shortly after we saw them - happy trails!

I do, however, have photographic evidence (albeit pretty blurry) of the mama river otter and at least one baby we saw down at Riversong's "Baboon Beach", where Dad and I went to do a little inner tube float on a warm summer day.


At first Dad thought he saw a big fish swimming.  Then she popped her head up and watched us for 15 seconds or so before swimming past us with the smaller one.

A fortuitous start to the first river float of the year.  May there be many more, equally enchanted moments in these whimsical waters!
~~~~~

Just a few more snapshots around the house...

Cat in the grass!  Hummingbirds beware!  (Actually she had to be put inside for being too creepy to the local bird population - sorry Yummy!  We still think you're cute.)

Gail and the magic beanstalk!  I am very jealous of their "Helda" romano beans with their gigantic leaves and "sky-high by the 4th of July" stature. I introduced this variety to them a couple years ago.  This year mine are puny though... I just sprayed them because they had spider mites actually.  Maybe if I show them this picture they will be inspired  😀
  

Daisy posing with her namesakes in the greenhouse.

And of course it is always a pleasure to cross paths with Penelope, however brief our interactions may be.  


Well, it has been a delight revisiting this fun trip.  I can't explain how good it felt to get out of my bubble and spend some quality time in nature with some of my favorite people.  Gail always sets the guest room up nice and cozy with DVD's to watch and there is always an abundance of good nourishing food to be found... and soul-nourishing good times.  I hope to return soon!


2 comments:

  1. These are such fun and wonderful pictures. I'm so glad you had a great time. A mama bear and 2 cubs is just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you visit! We can goof off without guilt!

    ReplyDelete

Marble Mountains (Pt. 4)

...Continued from Pt. 3 ...  Cresting Burn Mountain As we approached the top of what I have been calling "Burn Mountain", the trai...